In September of 2000, the conservative think tank, The Project for a New American Century wrote a report titled Rebuilding America’s Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources For a New Century.
I suggest that you download this (it’s in .pdf format – you may need the Adobe Acrobat Reader) and take a couple of quiet hours to really read it. In the mean time, here are some other articles that discuss this report.
- Steve Fine has a point-by-point dicussion of the document that he wrote in October of 2002.
- The Nation has a great four-part article written by Michael T. Klare on.
- On September 29th, 2002, Jay Bookman of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote an article called, The president’s real goal in Iraq. It remains one of the few acknowledgements of mainstream journalism of what may be happening.
- The Washington Monthly has a recent article called, Practice to Deceive in which they argue that chaos in the Middle East isn’t a nightmare, it’s a plan.
- Gary Trudeau understands. His 13 April 2003 Doonesbury comic strip proves it.